Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Curry coconut squash soup

Soup is perhaps my favorite way to consume squash, although I didn't discover this until recently. This dish was surprisingly easy, considering I had to use the blender.

1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced into 1" polyhedra
1 ginormous carrot (or 2 large ones), peeled and sliced roughly
1/2 white onion, roughly chopped

Boil until soft. (20-40 minutes)

These go into the blender. I had to split it into two batches, and to each batch I added:

1 pat butter
juice of 1/2 clementine
1/4 can lite coconut milk
1 glorg maple syrup (~1 tbsp)
maybe 1/4 c pecans
4 spoonfuls plain yogurt
some salt
some pepper
~1 tsp curry powder (use your judgment)
enough of the water used to boil the veggies to fill in most of the voids

Soupify. Reheat if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment